Re: community social media

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: community social media
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 11:05 AM ourdiaspora <ourdiaspora@protonmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, please include with greater prominence, the existence of community social media platforms such as Hubzilla, Mastodon, Diaspora.
>
> If you know that these things exist you should provide links to them, and suggest where you think "prominent" is on our site.

Some examples:

https://fediverse.party/en/portal/servers
https://diasporafoundation.org
https://joinmastodon.org/

Postgresql home web page should have hyperlinks to official postgresql servers for these services.

So, next to the home page which shows:
https://twitter.com/postgresql

There should be:

https://postgresql.org/mastodon
https://postgresql.org/hubzilla
etc.

Of course, each community social media service should describe the postgreqsl configuration.

But I don't believe that there are official PostgreSQL servers for/on these platforms (and it seems difficult to know whether there are unofficial ones).  We do have Slack and IRC setup and links to those are on the "Community" page.

David J.