Re: documentation structure

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 1:01 PM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Do we want to use a "func-" prefix on the file names?  I could
> imagine dispensing with that as unnecessary;

If we don't use the prefix and we generate new file names from sect1
tag, we could have file name collision: for example, json.sgml because
there's sect1 tag "functions-json".

> or another idea
> could be to make a new subdirectory func/ for these.

+1. Looks better than adding +30 files right under sgml directory.

+many for placing these under a subdirectory.

IMO the file name should match the ID of the sect1 element with the leading "functions-" removed, naming the directory "functions".  Thus when viewing the web page the corresponding sgml file is determinable.

David J.