Re: User with BYPASSRLS privilege can't change password

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: User with BYPASSRLS privilege can't change password
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 12:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Is the nuance that in reality a non-superuser cannot specify BypassRLS even
> if the effective value is unchanged unimportant here?

I was wondering about that.  You could definitely make a case for a
weaker set of rules here.  However, the superuser restriction has been
like that for 15-ish years without much complaint, so it doesn't seem
that it bothers people in practice.

Agreed that the behavior seems fine to keep.  Was more about the documentation saying "change" instead of "specify".

David J.