Re: Non-default postgresql.conf values to log

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Non-default postgresql.conf values to log
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
It matter when your pg host is down and all you have is log file. It is very usual situation. You need historical info.

​I think this would be a good idea.  Is it something you are thinking of writing now that you see PostgreSQL does not have the capability?  I'd imagine it would default to OFF and/or would only happen when/if the database couldn't start successfully.

​Admittedly, I'm not sure how you would fix any problems without access to the server and its config files - at which point you are back to simply reviewing those.

I'm not sure how much merit "historical info" has and how one would configure the server to ensure that said info is available when/if eventually needed.
David J.

Сообщение: Re: Non-default postgresql.conf values to log
Сообщение: Re: Non-default postgresql.conf values to log