Re: set_config with is_local parameter true escapes transaction boundaries

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: set_config with is_local parameter true escapes transaction boundaries
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 1:16 AM Ruslan Talpa <ruslan.talpa@subzero.cloud> wrote:
Maybe this is only a documentation issue, for example have a note in 9.27.1 or 20.16 along the lines “Note: Once a GUC value has been set, even with is_local set to true, subsequent calls to current_setting will return an empty string”

Yes, we really should get around to documenting this better.  I haven't seen any indication that it is going to change.  It hasn't in the 5 years or so since it last was brought to our attention.

Though maybe with our recent performance enhancements, and a more accepting mentality toward people creating custom settings, and the stalled nature of the session variables feature, maybe someone will have a change of heart.

David J.