Re: Ambiguous usage of 'any' in explanation

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Ambiguous usage of 'any' in explanation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:04 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
Sorry, but I don't like this wording.  The problem is that the
comparison has two row sets --- the left-hand side, and the right-hand
side.

Huh...the left hand side must be a non-set scalar or row constructor.

  Each row on the left-hand side is compared with the row set on
the right.  I also don't like people thinking about the result of ANY
since it is really <comparison> ANY that is being used.

Then there is some more rewording to be done since: "The result of ANY is “true” if any true result is obtained." (v10; 9.22.4)

Maybe:

The result of ANY is “true” if the comparison returns true for any subquery row; otherwise the result is “false” (or NULL if any of the comparisons result in unknown)

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Ambiguous usage of 'any' in explanation
Сообщение: Re: Ambiguous usage of 'any' in explanation