Performance issue when we use policies for Row Level Security along with functions

От David G. Johnston
Тема Performance issue when we use policies for Row Level Security along with functions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sunday, October 11, 2020, Gopisetty, Ramesh <rameshg2@illinois.edu> wrote:

    to sch USING  ( key =
        f_sel_1(key)
    );

As Tom said it doesn’t matter what you classify the function as (stable, etc) if your function call accepts a column reference as an input and compares its output to another column reference.  With a column reference you need a row to find a value and if you already have a row the index serves no purpose.

David J.