Re: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823) when building a json

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823) when building a json
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I run a query transforming huge tables to a json document based on a period.
It works great for a modest period (little dataset).
However, when increasing the period (huge dataset) I get this error:
SQL ERROR[54000]
ERROR: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823)

​Maximum Field Size: 1 GB​

It means a json cannot exceed 1GB in postgresql, right ?

​Yes​

Then I must build it with an external tool ?

​​You have to do something different.  Using multiple columns and/or multiple rows might we workable.

​Certainly. Kind of disappointing, because I won't find any json builder as performant as postgresql.​

Will this 1GO restriction is supposed to increase in a near future ?​

There has been zero chatter on the public lists about increasing any of the limits on that page I linked to.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823) when building a json
Сообщение: Re: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823) when building a json