Re: doc: create table improvements

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: doc: create table improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 3:30 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
 > +   The reliability characteristics of a table are governed by its
 > +   persistence mode.  The default mode is described
 > +   <link linkend="wal-reliability">here</link>
 > +   There are two alternative modes that can be specified during
 > +   table creation:
 > +   <link linkend="sql-createtable-temporary">temporary</link> and
 > +   <link linkend="sql-createtable-unlogged">unlogged</link>.

Not sure reliability is the best word here.  I mean, a temporary table
isn't any less reliable than any other table.  It just does different
things.

Given the name of the section where this is all discussed I'm having trouble going with a different word.  But better framing and phrasing I can do:

A table may be opted out of certain storage aspects of reliability, as described [here], by specifying either of the alternate persistence modes: [temporary] or [logged]. The specific trade-offs and implications are detailed below.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Tarball builds in the new world order
Сообщение: Re: Tarball builds in the new world order