Re: BUG #15085: Domain "not null" constraint doesn't detect a nullreturned from a resultset

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #15085: Domain "not null" constraint doesn't detect a nullreturned from a resultset
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Saturday, February 24, 2018, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15085
Logged by:          Daniel Einspanjer
Email address:      deinspanjer@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.7
Operating system:   Linux

I was trying to create two domains, one that allowed nulls, and another that
built on it that didn't allow nulls.  After some testing, I came across this
unusual behavior that I believe might be a bug.
I did check the TODO and tried to do some web searches (hard keywords to
work with here) but I didn't find any reports about this.

This appears to fall within the exceptions for not null noted in the documentation for create domain.

David J.