Re: psql remote shell command

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: psql remote shell command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Dennis (dennisr@visi.com) wrote:
> Is it possible to execute command in on system the is hosting postgresql remotely using psql or other mechanism?  I know I can use \! in psql but that executes the commands on the host where I am running psql from.  Also, is it possible for a postgres login/user to stop or restart a running postgres instance from in side psql or similar client. e.g. psql -c “pg_ctl stop -D some_data_dir”
You can use COPY with PROGRAM, assuming you're a superuser.

COPY (select 1) TO PROGRAM 'whatever command';

​That's thinking outside the box.

​Took me a while to find the documentation of the superuser limitation buried in the notes.

I see why SELinux and its ilk are necessary evils in situations where finer grained control is needed.

David J.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: psql remote shell command
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: PL/PGSQL + inserts+updates+limit - Postgres 9.3