Re: [GENERAL] COPY ... FROM stdin WITH FORMAT csv

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] COPY ... FROM stdin WITH FORMAT csv
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> wrote:
On 03/21/2017 12:21 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
>   words=> COPY words_reviews (uid, author, nice, review, updated) FROM
>   stdin FORMAT csv;

What did you read that lead you to think the above shoud work?

I don't know about COPY FROM, but COPY TO works without parens (or FORMAT), like this:

db=> copy (select 1+1, 2+2) to stdout with csv;
2,4

(tested on pg 9.5)

I never use parens, so I was surprised to see in the docs and the replies here that they are necessary. Am I just exploiting a bug in the parser?

That's documented backward compatibility syntax:

bottom of the page.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] COPY ... FROM stdin WITH FORMAT csv
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] COPY ... FROM stdin WITH FORMAT csv