Re: Invalid memory alloc request size for repeat()

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Invalid memory alloc request size for repeat()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Today, I try to use repeat() to generate 1GB text, and it occurs invalid memory
alloc request size [1].  It is a limit from palloc(), then I try to reduce it,
it still complains out of memory which comes from enlargeStringInfo() [2].  The
documentation about repect() [3] doesn't mentaion the limitation.

That is still a “field” even if it is not stored.

David J.