Re: BUG #13976: how to declare an empty password on .pgpass file

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #13976: how to declare an empty password on .pgpass file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:50 AM, <chiya2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      13976
> Logged by:          venkata seshadri
> Email address:      chiya2@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
> Operating system:   ubuntu linux
>
> Hi
> how to declare an empty password in the .pgpass file.
> *:5432:xxxx:user1:*
>
> i tried with the above option with '*' which accepts any parameter. but
> still un luck. Please help me out on this

=E2=80=8BRunning extremely old 9.3.2 and using "blank" for passwords...hmmm=

Anyway, did you try just leaving it "blank"

*:5432:xxxx:user:

=E2=80=8BAnd, "any value" makes little sense when it comes to passwords in =
.pgpass
- the password is the exact value it needs to provide to the server so what
specific value would it choose if you could tell it to pick "any" value?
The other pieces are inputs and so rightly can told to match any/all values
of the supplied item.=E2=80=8B

=E2=80=8BDavid J
=E2=80=8B