Re: [GENERAL] recovery dump on database with different timezone

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] recovery dump on database with different timezone
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

production=# show timezone;
 TimeZone
----------
 UTC
(1 row)

production=# select ' 2011-01-01 00:00:03.925-06'::timestamptz  < '2011-01-01'::date;
 ?column?

​What Tom said - though I missed the part about "the timezone when the data was entered" - I was thinking it was only ​the timezone at the time of the dump that would impact things.

To your example - testing in UTC is going to always result in failure for Z values <= 0 since they will all result in a UTC date of 2011-01-01.  Choosing +06 would result in a passed test.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] recovery dump on database with different timezone
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] recovery dump on database with different timezone