Re: Limiting user from changing its own attributes

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Limiting user from changing its own attributes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, April 10, 2015, Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 12:57 AM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com> wrote:

Yes either an upper bound to which users can set their own values to.

Upper is somewhat easier but currently the system would only recognize a global constraint.

Does it? Even though my work_mem in postgresql.conf is 1MB, the user can alter itself to set its own work_mem to 1GB. Or did I interpret your statement wrongly?

Pg_settings currently has an upper bound column - though it is a view and that value cannot be changed that I know of.  But if it could I suspect that whatever catalog you would change to affect it would only cause a global change.  There is no alter database, role, or postgresql way to change that value.

 David J.