Re: Documentation Suggestion

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Documentation Suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 7:07 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2022-Apr-28, David G. Johnston wrote:

>> The page could use a hyperlink/cross-reference to the pg_hba.conf
>> documentation.

> That's easily fixed.  How about the attached patch?

That part's OK, but personally I'd only have cited the link once.

Agreed, one or three, including the local-only option but ignoring the host-only one seems like a mistake.

I would just document the -A/--auth-method option, the other two are close enough in space to borrow it just fine.

Shall we do a return link from the pg_hba.conf to initdb? The first paragraph already has:
"A default pg_hba.conf file is installed when the data directory is initialized by initdb."

David J.