Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:

>I disagree with the notion that defining a relation in terms of a
>query (like a view) and materializing the results (like a table)
>makes "materialized view" a misleading name.

IMHO, I disagree. I feel a better name would be "materialized table".
However, it is too late to change that now. Just my personal opinion.

​Sounds redundant - and implies that a TABLE without the materialized prefix isn't, which is not true.

The only other name I came up with was worse...CREATE VIEWTABLE​ AS

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view