Re: xl_heap_header alignment?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: xl_heap_header alignment?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 5:41 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 06:58:33AM +0200, Antonin Houska wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > I don't particularly want to remove the field, but we ought to
> > change or remove the comment.
>
> I'm not concerned about the existence of the field as well. The comment just
> made me worried that I might be missing some fundamental concept. Thanks for
> your opinion.

I have developed the attached patch to address this.

I would suggest either dropping the word "potentially" or removing the sentence.  I'm not a fan of this in-between position on principle even if I don't understand the full reality of the implementation.

If leaving the word "potentially" is necessary it would be good to point out where the complexity is documented as a part of that - this header file probably not the best place to go into detail.

David J.