Re: Update field to a column from another table

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Update field to a column from another table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please don't top-post.

b.id

>       AND a.clientid = b.clientid;
>

> But it's now working... I'm using PostgreSQL 9.2
>
> Do you guys have an idea why?

​Define "not working".

The query itself looks fine.

The likely cause is there are no records that share both an "id" and a "clientid" value.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org> wrote:
Hi

This could work:

UPDATE public.ja_jobs
SET time_job = a.tj
FROM
(
  SELECT id AS rid,
         clientid AS cid,
         time_job AS tj
  FROM junk.ja_jobs_23856
) AS a
WHERE a.rid = id
AND a.cid = clientid;

In the subselect a you need to rename the column names to avoid ambiguity.

This shouldn't make any different.  The original query prefixed column names with their source table so no ambiguity was present.

​David J.