Re: BUG #14211: i am enable to upload .xlsx file in my postgres database.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14211: i am enable to upload .xlsx file in my postgres database.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:56 PM, <zzia88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14211
> Logged by:          Zubair Alam
> Email address:      zzia88@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.3
> Operating system:   windows7-x64(64 bit)
>
> copy person(first_name,last_name,dob,email) from 'D:\person\person.xlsx'
> with delimiter ',' csv header encoding 'WIN1256';
>
> my client client_encoding is:- UNICODE
>  i am running this code on my host machine
>
> At the runtime i am getting this error:-ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for
> encoding "WIN1256": 0x00
> CONTEXT:  COPY person, line 1
>
> if i am providing csv header encoding :-'UNICODE(UTF8) then i am getting
> this error:-ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
> CONTEXT:  COPY person, line 1
>
> ********** Error **********
>
> ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
> SQL state: 22021
> Context: COPY person, line 1
>

> Please solve this problem as soon as possible and test that code then
> provide me that code or solution.

=E2=80=8BNot a bug.

Native Excel files are not CSV formatted.  Attempting to import them as-is
via copy will not work.  You need to get the Excel data into a format that
PostgreSQL can digest.  For simple cases performing a "Save As" and
changing the file type to CSV will work.=E2=80=8B

David J.