Re: Can not ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY intdict which is default in dict_int

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Can not ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY intdict which is default in dict_int
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 9:20 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 8:51 PM Li EF Zhang <bjzhangl@cn.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer. My doubt is that since an ordinary user creates
>> the extension, shouldn't be this user the owner of the objects created
>> within the extension?

> While that is a possible implementation choice, that isn't what was chosen.

Let's be clear here: that is not some random implementor's decision.
That is *necessary*, else the feature is completely insecure.

Fair.  Additionally, an extension that wishes for ordinary users to perform limited configuration can always supply a security definer function to facilitate such a change.  Though I'm unsure how/if it would go about arranging role permissions without requiring a superuser.

David J.