Re: Aren't regex_*() functions built-in?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Aren't regex_*() functions built-in?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday, November 11, 2023, <pf@pfortin.com> wrote:
Hi,

PostgreSQL 15.4 on x86_64-mageia-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Mageia
12.3.0-3.mga9) 12.3.0, 64-bit
(the distro which can't figure out how to provide pgAdmin4)

Aren't all the functions listed in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-string.html
assumed to be included in a base installation?

I'm able to use replace(); but with regex_replace(), I get:
ERROR: function regex_replace(text, unknown, unknown, unknown) does not
exist Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.

We abbreviate with a ending “p”.  regexp_*

David J.