Re: BUG #13168: DROP DATABASE does not clean up all references

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #13168: DROP DATABASE does not clean up all references
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM, <cees.van.zeeland@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Bug reference:      13168
> Logged by:          Cees van Zeeland
> Email address:      cees.van.zeeland@xs4all.nl
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
> Operating system:   Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit
>
> -- Follow the next steps to produce an unexpected error
> -- The next 16 lines work fine

=E2=80=8BYou are connected to the "postgres" database (probably, maybe temp=
late1...)
=E2=80=8B

> CREATE DATABASE new
>   WITH ENCODING=3D'LATIN1'
>        TEMPLATE=3Dtemplate0
>        LC_COLLATE=3D'C'
>        LC_CTYPE=3D'C'
>        CONNECTION LIMIT=3D-1;

=E2=80=8BYou are still connected to "postgres"...
=E2=80=8B

> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS category CASCADE;
> CREATE TABLE category
>   (
>      category_id SERIAL  PRIMARY KEY
>     ,category_name varchar(30) NOT NULL
>     ,category_description varchar(200) NOT NULL
>   );

=E2=80=8BTable "category" exists now in Database "postgres"=E2=80=8B

-- Now I am going to repeat the same script without DROP TABLE
> -- After the next line, I assume that all old references within the
> database
> are gone
> DROP DATABASE new;
>
> CREATE DATABASE new
>   WITH ENCODING=3D'LATIN1'
>        TEMPLATE=3Dtemplate0
>        LC_COLLATE=3D'C'
>        LC_CTYPE=3D'C'
>        CONNECTION LIMIT=3D-1;
>
> -- Here I leave out the line with DROP TABLE
> -- It results to the error message:
> -- ERROR: relation "category" already exists
> -- Is this a bug or am I missing something?
> -- DROP TABLE IF EXISTS category CASCADE;

=E2=80=8BSo  you dropped an added the "new" database again...while connecte=
d to
"postgres".=E2=80=8B

CREATE TABLE category
>   (
>      category_id SERIAL  PRIMARY KEY
>     ,category_name varchar(30) NOT NULL
>     ,category_description varchar(200) NOT NULL
>   );

=E2=80=8BOf course the table you created in Database "postgres" is still th=
ere...=E2=80=8B

=E2=80=8BDavid J.=E2=80=8B

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13168: DROP DATABASE does not clean up all references
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)