Re: LEFT or RIGHT JOIN - can't see where I'm going wrong?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: LEFT or RIGHT JOIN - can't see where I'm going wrong?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Saturday, January 23, 2021, Pól Ua Laoínecháin <linehanp@tcd.ie> wrote:

What I want is a result for quiz 4 with NULL for the student_points
fields but including the student_id and esp. the name - I'll put
COALESCE in for the NULL grade for quiz 4.

Cross join students and quizes so every combination is shown then left join the scores onto that combined relation.

David J.