Re: Array string casts with SELECT but not SELECT DISTINCT

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Array string casts with SELECT but not SELECT DISTINCT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 7:31 PM, sridhar bamandlapally [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>ERROR:  column "my_array" is of type character varying[] but expression is of type text

please try this below, may be this should help

CREATE CAST (text AS varchar) WITH INOUT AS IMPLICIT;

just for info:
actually this should be available in default

​What is the point of doing this?  Did you do this and then run the OP's query and see if it solved the problem?  Do you understand the "type[]" means "array version of type"?

David J.​

Сообщение: Re: Array string casts with SELECT but not SELECT DISTINCT
Сообщение: Re: Array string casts with SELECT but not SELECT DISTINCT