Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, October 26, 2020, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:

Although, this triggers a question – should ANALYZE be automated in, say, pg_restore as well?

Independent concern.

And another question: how ANALYZE needs to be run? If it's under the user's control, there is an option to use vacuumdb --analyze and benefit from using -j to parallelize the work (and, in some cases, benefit from using --analyze-in-stages). If we had ANALYZE as a part of building indexes on expressions, should it be parallelized to the same extent as index creation (controlled by max_parallel_maintenance_workers)?

None of that seems relevant here.  The only relevant parameter I see is what to specify for “table_and_columns”.

David J.