Re: BUG #18194: Missing install instructions

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #18194: Missing install instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 2:05 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 2. Also please provide a list of required packages.

We would need a different list for every operating system out there,
even different distros of Linux.  And it'd vary depending on what
build options you select.  So nope, that's not likely to happen.
If you don't want to deal with figuring that out based on the list
of requirements in the manual, I'd suggest using a prepackaged build
from your OS distributor instead of building from source.

Community sourcing this on the Wiki is doable if people are willing to contribute.  I agree that it is unnecessary to incorporate into the documentation.

David J.