Re: jdbc and postgresql function session question

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: jdbc and postgresql function session question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 05/31/2016 02:20 PM, Michael Moore wrote:
When the postgres jdbc driver calls a postgres function, does it get a
new session every time? If I create a PREPARED statement on the first
call, will it still be available on the 2nd call? If not, is there any
way I could get the prepared statement to be used on successive calls?

I think this is going to need more explanation, so:

1) When you say session are you talking about connection or a transaction? A function will run in its own transaction each time, but can be run multiple times in a connection.

2) Where is the PREPARED statement being built, in the function or outside it?

3) Can show an outline of what you are doing?

​Making some assumptions...

con = DriverManager.getConnection(); -- opens a database session

Any JDBC Statement objects you create using this con are able to access named PostgreSQL PREPAREd statement previously created.
However, beware of
DEALLOCATE ALL
[1]
While you are unlikely to issue such a command explicitly you need to be aware that connection poolers may do so in some configurations.

​CallableStatement stmt = con.prepareCall(sql); --sees any session-scoped data since con was created.​

con.close();​

​ -- now the database session is done​

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: jdbc and postgresql function session question
Сообщение: Re: jdbc and postgresql function session question