Re: Jsonb gets extra quotes when returned from a function that break json format

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Jsonb gets extra quotes when returned from a function that break json format
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 8:04 AM Jakub Palenik <jakub.palenik@biosort.no> wrote:
Greetings,
I am using postgres database running within docker v13.3 (latest). I have found an issue where jsonb and timestamp type returned from function saved in the db assumes extra quotes and thus break json format.

You are printing a tuple which has a json column.  The tuple has its own escaping/quoting rules as does json.  You are seeing the combination of both.

You cannot do anything with the json value unless you first extract it from the tuple so while I get the confusion about the visual and you experiencing any actual issues because of this?

David J.