Re: pg_input_error_info doc 2 exampled crammed together

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_input_error_info doc 2 exampled crammed together
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, April 28, 2024, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 06:45:30PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> My preference would be to limit this section to a single example.  The
> numeric one, as it provides values for more output columns.  I would change
> the output format to expanded from default, in order to show all columns
> and not overrun the length of a single line.

Agreed that having two examples does not bring much, so this could be
brought to a single one.  The first one is enough to show the point of
the function, IMO.  It is shorter in width and it shows all the output
columns.

Agreed.  The column names are self-explanatory if you’ve seen errors before.  The values are immaterial.  Plus we don’t generally use psql-specific features in our examples.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: A failure in prepared_xacts test
Сообщение: Re: A failure in prepared_xacts test