Re: BUG #14121: Constraint UNIQUE

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14121: Constraint UNIQUE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 3:35 AM, <m.giraldo@stt-telefonia.it> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14121
> Logged by:          Marco
> Email address:      m.giraldo@stt-telefonia.it
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.0
> Operating system:   Windows 7
>
> Hi
> I have a problem with UNIQUE constraint.
> I don't understand the difference from TYPE type UNIQUE(when I declare a
> column of the table) and ALTER TABLE table ADD CONSTRAINT column UNIQUE
> (column).
> How can I remove the UNIQUE option from TYPE declaration?

=E2=80=8BYou might want to try re-phrasing your question.

Specification of a constraint within the column specification of CREATE
TABLE is optional.  If you don't want to do it there, don't.

=E2=80=8BThere is no difference between specifying a single-column constrai=
nt on
the column definition or as a table constraint.

I'd suggest you upgrade to 9.5.2 - and 9.5.3 in a couple of weeks.

David J.