Re: psql \df choose functions by their arguments

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: psql \df choose functions by their arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you for looking this over.

This isn't working for arrays:
postgres=# \df aa aa int[]

Arrays should work as expected, I think you have one too many "aa" in there?

I think it should use the same syntax as \sf and \ef, which require parenthesis
and commas, not spaces.

Hmm, that will not allow partial matches if we require a closing parens. Right now both commas and parens are accepted, but optional.

I think x is just used as "initial", so I think you should make it boolean and
then set is_initial = false, or similar.

Good suggestion, it is done.

+                                                                 pg_strcasecmp(functoken, "bool") == 0 ? "'boolean'"

I think writing this all within a call to appendPQExpBuffer() is excessive.
You can make an array or structure to search through and then append the result
to the buffer.

Hmm, like a custom struct we loop through? I will look into implementing that and submit a new patch.

Cheers,
Greg