Re: Discourage splitting pg_wal directory

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: Discourage splitting pg_wal directory
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 11:58 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
I think it is still a good idea to put data files and WAL on different file
systems.  Perhaps not so much with the intention of distributing I/O across
different disks, but to prevent the data files from filling the WAL disk.

Cannot say I understand this - if the data files are crowding out the WAL, surely they are moments away from filling the disk on their own. Disk is cheap these days, so I'm not a fan of encouraging complexity if not needed.

Cheers,
Greg