Re: Proposal for Merge Join for Non '=' Operators

От Hadi Moshayedi
Тема Re: Proposal for Merge Join for Non '=' Operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Dilip,

        Query: select count(*) from t1,t2 where t1.b<t2.b and t1.b > 12000;

        Test Result:
                Nest Loop Join with Index Scan   : 1653.506 ms
                Sort Merge Join for (seq scan)   : 610.257ms

This looks like a great improvement. Repeating Nicolas's question, do you have a real-world example of such joins?

In my experience, I see more queries like "self-join table A and table B where A.time BETWEEN B.time - '1 week' and B.time", similar to what Nicolas and Tom mentioned. As an example, "count users who placed an order in the week following their registration".

Can you send a patch so we can also try it?

Thanks,
  -- Hadi