Re: Range type adaptation implemented

От Jacob Kaplan-Moss
Тема Re: Range type adaptation implemented
Дата
Список psycopg
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Daniele Varrazzo
<daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
> We could return False to any comparison but still it's not like "you
> cannot do that, mate". Anybody knows an example of unorderable object
> in Python? Is there anything more appropriate than throwing TypeError?

I'd say take a cue from how Python 3 handles trying to compare disparate types:

    $ python3
    Python 3.2.2 (default, Feb 23 2012, 12:57:05)
    [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 3.1 (tags/Apple/clang-318.0.45)] on darwin
    >>> {} < []
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    TypeError: unorderable types: dict() < list()

So I'd say TypeError is correct, perhaps with a message like
"unorderable type: range()" or something.

Jacob

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Range type adaptation implemented
Сообщение: Re: Range type adaptation implemented