Re: [GENERAL] tuple data size and compression

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] tuple data size and compression
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Two questions:

1) Do you know what your data in the future is going to be?

2) Is a 100 byte bytea a realistic approximation of that data?

wal_compression=off.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Hi,
1)  not precisely, but 10/100 million insertions per day. I can't know, it depends on the success of all the system, whose the DB is a part only.
2) It will depend on my implementation which, in turn, depends on these tests... Could be between 100 and 1000 bytes.
If 2) is 1000 random bytes, I saw that, with continuous archiveing (I'm still evaluating if keeping it or not), I get 4KB/row IO write that,
in one year could become 70TB...
Anyway, I will perform my tests with realistic patterns
Regards
Pupillo