[GENERAL] tuple data size and compression

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема [GENERAL] tuple data size and compression
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
it's not clear to me when tuple data (max 1000 bytes total) get compressed on disk and when not.
I tried with pg_column_size to find the tuple's size but I get ambiguous results.
It seems to work but sometimes the tuples seem compressed and sometime not.
I tried both with constant data and random bytes.

Thanks
Pupillo

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump and quoted identifiers
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump and quoted identifiers