Re: [GENERAL] keeping WAL after dropping replication slots

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] keeping WAL after dropping replication slots
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] keeping WAL after dropping replication slots
Список pgsql-general

Hi,
On 04/04/2017 11:52 PM, Tom DalPozzo wrote:
Hi,

<mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:

    On 04/04/2017 07:45 AM, Tom DalPozzo wrote:

    Postgres version?

9.6.1

        Hi,
        I had two replication slots on my primary. Slaves off and
        (around 800)
        WALs kept as expected.

    Slaves off means?:

    You replication set up from the master to the slaves(how many?).
    Then you disconnected the slaves how?

I have 2 slaves configured with async replication but they were down
 when I dropped the slots.

    So the 800 WALs number mean you have wal_keep_segments set to 800?

No,  wal_keep_segments is commented.
800 is the rough number of files I saw in xlog dir before dropping the
slots.

What are your settings for?:

archive_mode
archive_mode is off

archive_command
it's set as I tested it some months ago but now archive_mode is off

Do you see anything in the Postgres log that might apply?
No, nothing

        I dropped those slots but over time, the system kept on adding
        new WALs
        without reusing them or deleting them.
        Only after shutdown and restart the system deleted those WAL files.
        Is that ok?
        regards
        Pupillo

    --