storing C binary array in bytea via libpq

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема storing C binary array in bytea via libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I've a table in which a field is BYTEA, as I need to store around 200 raw bytes in this field.
I need to perform many many INSERT  starting from a common C array  and, in order to get good performance, I want to do many of them in a single BEGIN COMMIT block.
What is the best choice from libpq?
PQexec needs to have the bytes encoded into a string. This expansion lowers  the performance (I tried with \x format, not with the other option yet).
With PQexecParams, can I send a raw array of bytes as a bytea parameter? And also, as PQexecParams can't accept multi commands, if I enclose many PQexecParams calls between a PQexec("BEGIN;")  and PQexec("COMMIT") would it work as I wish?
Other options?
Regards
Pupillo