Re: [GENERAL] requested timeline doesn't contain minimum recovery point

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] requested timeline doesn't contain minimum recovery point
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I mean, could random bytes appear as a valid record (very unlikely, but
> possible)?

Yes, that could be possible if some memory or disk is broken. That's
why, while it is important to take backups, it is more important to
make sure that they are able to restore correctly before deploying
them.
--
Michael
Hi,

In other word,  excluding HW problems and possible unwanted bugs, I'd like to know if the logic underneath WAL reading at startup is 100%safe.

Regards
Pupillo