Re: storing C binary array in bytea via libpq

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема Re: storing C binary array in bytea via libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I tried both ways: they're ok.
Also, multiple VALUES in one INSERT is actually better as performance.

Thanks again
Pupillo

[ please keep the list cc'd ]

Tom DalPozzo <t.dalpozzo@gmail.com> writes:
> To be honest, I didn't know or I forgot about multiple VALUES in one
> command! Thanks for reminding!
> As for the PQexecParams, should I specify something in  const Oid
> *paramTypes parameter? Or just something like $1::bytea?

You can do it either way.  Hard-wiring the type OID will be a bit faster
than making the server parse a ton of repetitive cast constructs, but on
the other hand it means you have a magic number in your program.  It's
unlikely the OID assigned to bytea would ever change, but the technique
doesn't scale well to user-defined types.  Take your choice.