Re: [GENERAL] tuple data size and compression

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] tuple data size and compression
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/15/2016 07:17 AM, Tom DalPozzo wrote:
Hi,
it's not clear to me when tuple data (max 1000 bytes total) get
compressed on disk and when not.
I tried with pg_column_size to find the tuple's size but I get ambiguous
results.

What is the table definition?

Maybe this will help?:

It seems to work but sometimes the tuples seem compressed and sometime not.
I tried both with constant data and random bytes.

Thanks
Pupillo

--
Adrian Klaver

Hi,
definition:   create table stato (id bigint, dati bytea);
then I populate the dati field with  100 bytes.
Pupillo