[JDBC] Please consider adding a getOpenCursors() or some such from the jdbc connection

От joseph howard
Тема [JDBC] Please consider adding a getOpenCursors() or some such from the jdbc connection
Дата
Re: Please consider adding a getOpenCursors() or some suchfrom the jdbc connection  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
All, One of the most annoying things about working in Java is finding open cursors and cursor leaks as a user. Since I do not have production access, nor can I run a query in tandem with the supplied compiled code, the best choice is to query the jdbc drive in the appserver for the cursors.

The postgresql JDBC driver should report the number of open current cursors on the connect. I can set holdability on a JDBC cursor, but I cannot get the open cursor count.

In general, a parent object (e.g. connection as a factory) should either retain a countable (or iterative) reference list of all objects that are created, or allocate the object references to the observer/manager.

Thanks

Joe