Re: Incomplete compatibility information for triggers

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: Incomplete compatibility information for triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Louis-Claude Canon
<louis-claude.canon@femto-st.fr> wrote:
> Le 14/11/2012 05:23, Josh Kupershmidt a écrit :
>
>> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Louis-Claude Canon
>> <louis-claude.canon@femto-st.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> the compatibility section of the "create trigger" page
>>> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-createtrigger.html)
>>> claims
>>> that a missing functionality is the ability to define aliases for the
>>> "old"
>>> and "new" rows or tables. If I am understanding this correctly, another
>>> related missing functionality is that PostgreSQL does not allow the old
>>> and
>>> new tables to be referenced for statement-level triggers (i.e., the "OLD
>>> TABLE" that contains all the deleted/modified rows in case of
>>> deletion/update). I think this is also worth noting as any workaround for
>>> it
>>> seems to be more difficult (if possible at all) than for the missing
>>> alias
>>> feature.
>>
>> +1, it seems like a useful missing piece from the SQL:2011 standard.
>> Care to send a documentation patch?
>

> Let me know if it requires a second round.

A (belated) +1 for this patch. There were two small typos which I've
fixed in the attached version. You may want to add this patch soon to
the 2013-01 CommitFest so it doesn't get lost.

> By the way, I can propose another patch regarding the transaction isolation
> relatively to my previous post on pgsql-bugs.

If that doc change hasn't been made yet, you may want to post a patch.

Josh

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format