Re: LOCK DATABASE

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: LOCK DATABASE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Eliot Gable
> <egable+pgsql-general@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this bogus, or is it an upcoming feature?
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_database

LOCK DATABASE was brought up earlier this year:
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-05/msg00886.php

which is about when that wiki page was created.

> The page says: "This functionality is not implemented in PostgreSQL,
> and is not planned to be yet"  So I'd gues it's an ansi SQL Spec
> command that is not implemented and just included for completeness.

I don't think anything like that is in the SQL standard; there is
almost nothing, at least in a SQL:2008 draft I looked through, about
explicit locking.

Josh