Re: broken index references

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: broken index references
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 04:25:17PM -0700, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> > A different PDF-output problem that I've been noticing for awhile is that
>> > certain intra-page links don't work.  The only clue I've found about it
>> > is the warnings in the TeX log, for instance:
>>
>> I could have overlooked a working example.. but as far as I've seen,
>> every link of the form:
>>
>>  <xref linkend="..." endterm="...">
>>
>> just goes to Page 1 in the PDFs. I checked against a recent 9.2-A4.pdf
>> from the website and my own 9.3-A4.pdf built on Debian; the psql page
>> (psql-ref.sgml) has a number of such links. The links seem to work OK
>> in the HTML version, though.
>
> Sorry to be looking at this late, but I just tested the 9.3.1 PDF at:
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/9.3/postgresql-9.3-US.pdf
>
> and the link on page 1748 that links to section 31.14 worked fine:
>
>         For additional environment variables, see Section 31.14.)

[... jogging my memory ... ] I think the problem was specifically with
links of the form:

 <xref linkend="..." endterm="...">

having the "endterm" attribute specified -- your example didn't have
an "endterm". For an example, see the next page (p. 1749 according to
our page numbering, under the "Meta-Commands" sub-heading), for the
link to "SQL Interpolation" at the end of this paragraph:

    <para>
    If an unquoted colon (<literal>:</literal>) followed by a
    <application>psql</> variable name appears within an argument, it is
    replaced by the variable's value, as described in <xref
    linkend="APP-PSQL-interpolation" endterm="APP-PSQL-interpolation-title">.
    </para>

which at least in my PDF reader just sends one back to Page 1.

Josh