Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan  9, 2013 at 04:59:17PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 1/9/13 2:13 PM, Edward Hooper wrote:
>> > I want to make an attempt to take the DocBook/SGML text that comes with
>> > PostgreSQL and produce an ePub file.  However, I have no experience with
>> > this.  I would like to get together with other like minded PostgreSQL
>> > users and produce something useful.
>>
>> Do this:
>>
>> cd doc/src/sgml/
>> make postgres.xml
>> xsltproc http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/docbook.xsl postgres.xml
>> echo 'application/epub+zip' > mimetype
>> zip -r postgres.epub META-INF OEBPS mimetype
>
> Should this be in the SGML docs?

Note, this trick didn't work so cleanly on my Debian lenny machine,
which complained:

warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/docbook.xsl"
cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/docbook.xsl

I eventually was able to build the .epub by using wget to mirror the
chunks of http://docbook.sourceforge.net/... which I needed.

Josh

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Privileges for INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SCHEMATA (was Re: Small clarification in "34.41. schemata")