Re: BUG #6694: 9.2 beta 2 : psql commands \db and \db+ fail

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: BUG #6694: 9.2 beta 2 : psql commands \db and \db+ fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Ryan Kelly <rpkelly22@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 07:17:11PM +0000, phb.emaj@free.fr wrote:

>> paf=3D# \db
>>
>> ERROR: =A0column "spclocation" does not exist
>>
>> LINE 3: =A0 spclocation AS "Location"
>>
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ^
>>

> Are you using the psql provided by 9.2 beta 2? Or an older version? It
> appears that the version of psql in 9.2 beta 2 does the correct thing,
> look at src/bin/psql/describe.c line 142 or so.

Yeah, the OP must be using a 9.1 or earlier psql to connect to the
9.2beta2 server showed in his version() output. There's a reason we
print out a warning like this:

  WARNING: psql version X.a, server version Y.b
           Some psql features might not work.

when the major version of psql and the server it is connecting to don't mat=
ch.

Josh