Feature request - Information Schema enhancement

От Joe Love
Тема Feature request - Information Schema enhancement
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I know the Information Schema is a SQL standard, but it's somewhat lacking.
I was trying to write a web page  that showed a db table,it's  columns and
foreign keys.
All went well and I was able to get this tool working great using the
information_schema, problem is that some of the information_schema views
only show items that you own (not that you have access to) and as a result,
when I logged in as a DB user that didn't own some of the tables, the
constraints wouldn't show up. I was able to work around this by creating my
own information_schema view "all_constraint_column_usage" (using oracle's
naming convention as inspiration) that met my need. The view did exactly
what constraint_column_usage does, but I left off part one of the where
predicates that enabled this restriction.

Is this something that we'd ever consider implementing in
information_schema, or is there a better place to do something like this?
Using the PG tables may change from version to version so that's out, but
it'd be nice to have views like the ones in information_schema that weren't
OID based.